How To Ask For What You Want by Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup For The Soul author)
- Ask as if you expect to get it. Ask with a positive expectation.
2. Assume you can. Don’t start with the assumption that you can’t get it.
3. Ask someone who can give it to you. Qualify the person. “Who would I have to speak to to get…”
4. Be clear and specific. Vague request produce vague results.
5. Ask repeatedly. One of the most important principles of success is persistence, not giving in.
As a beginner writer and now podcaster. I am constantly asking for help, guidance, advice, feedback. I can pretty-much tell by the conversation I am having with someone if they are willing to be of service. Once I was told if I ask any more questions I would have to hire the person as a consultant. I got it! There are somethings, perhaps the majority of my writing and podcasting research I’ve done on my own, but it’s always good to ask. Help is sometimes freely given. I’ve been surprised that many people are proud of what I’m doing and are “rooting” for me to succeed.
Have you asked for help lately?